RFSA Grant Application Guidelines
The Raza Faculty and Staff Association (RFSA) supports faculty and staff projects recognizing that they bring our members together and provide outreach opportunities and educate our membership, students, and university campus.
Focus of Grants
Only grant requests that focus on education or educational themes will be considered. Preference will be given to projects that benefit SF State’s Latina/o/x community.
Who Can Apply?
Only dues paying members of the RFSA may sponsor a grant request. RFSA members are limited to receiving one funded grant request per fiscal year (July to June) regardless of the grant type. If you wish to become a member please visit https://rfsa.sfsu.edu/content/become-member.
RFSA Grant Types
- Scholarship Grants: RFSA will consider grant requests of up to $500.00 for scholarship funds housed on campus.
- Project/Event Grants: RFSA will consider grant requests of up to $1,000 a year for a campus project or event. RFSA project/event grants are typically funded in the $250-$500 range. Projects and events seeking RFSA funding should also be seeking funding from other sources; RFSA should not be the sole funder. RFSA will not fund multiple grant requests for the same project/event in a given year.
- Time Sensitive Grants: RFSA will consider time sensitive grant requests of up to $250 if the application is submitted within four weeks of the project/event date.
Process and Deadlines
Download the RFSA Funding Request Form at https://rfsa.sfsu.edu/content/grant-forms and complete form following all guidelines.
- Explain the project thoroughly
- Include specific details about its educational value and relationship to RFSA
- Specify the target population to benefit from the project.
- Attach a clear and itemized budget
Grant request proposals will be voted on at next RFSA board meeting. If a grant request is approved, the grant funds will be dispersed after Report Back Form is submitted to the RFSA.
Grant proposals including the application and budget must not exceed three pages.
Only one grant request per project/event will be considered. If multiple applications are submitted by RFSA members, RFSA will inform applicants about the duplication.
RFSA dues paying members requesting a sponsorship request for an event must present their proposal at a board meeting and may be accompanied by a representative of the hosting organization.
- Educational benefit to RFSA community
- Approximate number of RFSA members, students, community members impacted
Expectation of Funded Projects
All materials related to the promotion of the project (advertisements, brochures, flyers, etc.) shall list RFSA as a sponsor or co-sponsor.
Grantees must complete an RFSA Event Report Back Form and include copies of event materials to be presented at the next scheduled board meeting after the event. The grant funds will be disbursed after the presentation.
Submitting an Application
Applications can be sent to RFSA Co-Chairs.
Ana Maria Barrera
RFSA Faculty Co-Chair
RFSA Staff Co-Chair
The RFSA Grant Guidelines were revised on March 13, 2018.